I’m a broken record about the fact I can’t run and that I’ve gained about 15 pounds since November.
I’m done. Complaining isn’t making me fit into my clothes for work. I’m inspired by @jennfititcouture and @lacedupwithlipstick daily on Instagram. I need to stop saying WOW that’s awesome, and start doing it myself.
I mean business. I want to be HEALTHY. It’s May 1 and it’s a new month. Well, my goal is to lose at least 3 pounds this month. So how am I doing it?
- No more sodas. Thanks work mom & Shan for the inspiration. Such a waste of calories and health.
- More water.
- More vegetables. This means I’m having more salads and a veggie or two with every dinner. And no, I don’t always have veggies, and yes, I do know that’s horrible.
- Only eat when I’m hungry. Duh, right? But I’m a boredom eater and I need to listen to the cues and not just eat to eat.
- I’m taking the stairs more. I work on the 11th floor. I think I’ll see results. My goal: not be incredibly winded by the time I get upstairs.
- I’m off hiatus. I’m going to start trying to take the small one out in the stroller nightly. Maybe this will also help her zen out and get to bed easier. It’s bright out till like 10:00 (exaggeration) so I’ve got plenty of time.
- Start yoga and weight training.
- Weekend runs. At least 6 miles over the weekend. Not all in one day, but this forces me to run Friday-Sunday.
- No more eggs and junk like waffles for breakfast. I love eating in the cafeteria. I also spend like $5 which means I’m eating a ton of food. Because it’s delicious. No more. Eggs are good but not tacos and biscuits and all. It’s fruit and nut oatmeal for breakfast all the way. And it’s better for the heart.
- Eat out less, cook more. More roasted chicken and tuna.
- Get training. Goal: Austin Marathon, February 2015. Questionable goal: BCS Marathon, December 2014.
You in? Let’s do this. See me in a month and I’ll let you know how it’s going.