So my Candian sister from another mister (hence use of the spelling “favourite”), Kim from All Work and No Play (she’s hilarious but be warned, she uses naughty language), nominated me for a Liebster award. Whatever that means. She tells me to write and I do because, well, what else am I gonna write about?
- Are you that guy in your neighborhood who feeds the wildlife?
No. God no. You know why? Because I don’t invite snakes and raccoons and deer into my yard. To each his own, but it’s enough to feed our two Chihuahuas. I do like squirrels and love watching them jump through the trees. But I don’t feed them, because I just don’t.
- Where do you write? (10 bonus points if you admit that one of those places is the bathroom. Don’t lie. We all do it.)
Anywhere. Usually on my phone or my iPad because if the mood strikes, I run with it. I wish I had an office space, but let’s be real. The kids wouldn’t let me sit long enough to do it. And by kids, I mean Allie.
- My New Year’s Resolution was “More thongs, less yoga pants”. What was yours and are you sticking to it?
I don’t do resolutions because who keeps them? It was probably to yell less and run more. I ran a marathon in January and I’m currently a gimp until May, so I’m temporarily failing. As for the yelling…still a work in progress. As in, I need significant progress.
- Lucky Charms for breakfast or are you one of those “I like my heart” kind of people?
Nope, because I don’t do Lucky Charms. I’m from Texas and we do breakfast tacos. Or biscuits and gravy. NOM.
- What are your thoughts on global warming? Kidding. Do you like pizza? Some people don’t like pizza and those people cannot be trusted.
Pizza? Always. The cheesier the better. And the more toppings, too.
- What is your favourite colour and have you used that colour (or a variation of it) to paint your walls?
I like purple. I guess I’ve used it for a shade of it with gray. No I haven’t read 50 Shades of Gray and don’t plan to. I like the tint it gives and just a hint of color. I don’t think a house that’s purple would probably ever sell well, so yeah, not so much.
- What do you look forward to in the spring?
RAIN. But again, I live in Texas so I doubt it. My BFF in Canada thinks it’s hilarious how excited I get over the rain. But it’s like seeing a leprechaun! It just doesn’t happen. I guess the bluebonnets and flowers because they’re so pretty! Last year we were in drought so it sucked and we hardly saw any flowers. Still in drought but at least some are popping up.
UPDATE: It stormed last night. I was pumped!
- Is there a piece of jewelry that you wear every day? Is there any significance to it?
Besides my wedding ring, watch, and usually my earrings, I wear my prayer beads and a bracelet I got at a cathedral in San Antonio while I was wandering downtown. I was at a particularly inquisitive time in my religious beliefs so it means a lot that I stumbled upon it. The other thing is my 26.2 marathon bracelet. Why? Because I did that. I RAN IT.
- Cold pillow or warm pillow and are you a pillow flipper in the middle of the night?
I love some cold sheets and I ALWAYS sleep with a blanket. I’d rather it be cold in the room and warm under my covers. Even if I wake up sweating like a pig. It’s worth it.
- Favourite picture of you and why?
This is a weird question. I’m not really sure about it. I am so proud of my accomplishment. It’s not the best picture. It’s something I’ve always wanted to do (run a marathon, and awesome that it was at Disney). I mean, that’s Cinderella’s castle. And I ran through it! Not to mention the other 3 parks and the Orlando scenic route. Loved.
Now it’s your turn. I suck at this stuff, so I don’t know who will do this, but I definitely know that I would love to read all of your posts. So when you’re done, come back and share because I want to know.
- What are you most scared of (like a thing, not like losing your family, because who isn’t?)
- What’s your favorite type of food, or favorite food if you can narrow it down.
- Dream vacation?
- Perfect day alone?
- How do you take your coffee?
- What is something you’re super proud of?
- Favorite place you’ve lived or a place that you call home. Where would you like to call home?
- Summer, fall, winter or spring?
- Favorite music/musician/etc?
- Musical or drama?