I can’t ever just buy A song. I like music then I start exploring everything that I don’t have but I’ve heard lately and, “hey that is new I should check that out!”
Yeah, I call myself a music binger. That’s what I do, I binge on music and buy a whole bunch at once but then don’t buy any for a while. But if you know me, you know that music is my happy escape place. Add in my lovely headphones and I can block out the world while getting a ton of work done in the process. Pardon the horrible singing coming from my office.
Let’s just get to the nitty gritty.
So there has been a big debate over Miley Cyrus, her trampy performance at some award show I’ve already forgotten the name of and how crazy she’s gone. Truth. Also true, Britney Spears went through a weird no panty/bald head and cheeto eating phase while not wearing shoes in the gas station bathroom.
I’m not saying one is like the other but I am saying that short of being a murderer, or beater like Chris Brown, I’ll consider you.
To be honest, I hadn’t even heard her song Wrecking Ball. Then I did. And I liked it. To be more honest? I have all her Hannah Montana and early Miley stuff too. At first I said it was for Ava, but let’s be real, Ava doesn’t barely listen to music at alll. I liked it.
There’s something about her voice and I like it. Are her lyrics outrageous? Yup. She has a song called “FU” or something. But you know what? I also own an album by Lily Allen that doesn’t even say F, but sings the whole word. Will I ever let my girls ever listen to any of either of their albums? Absolutely and positively not.
Anyway, long story short is that, yes, I did buy Miley’s new album. I am a little embarrassed, but I guess I should own up right? (I’m so sorry Kim K., I really don’t want my daughters to be yuck like her and I PROMISE FOREVER A MILLION that they can’t even watch her or mention her name. And also, love you).
Now that that’s out of the way ::awkward pause::
Here’s the my most recent binge on Amazon:
1) Not bad. I’m not her biggest fan but this would be pretty good upbeat running music, if you like that kind of thing. Since I like to be able to belt songs out at the top of my lungs while running, I probably won’t have too many of them on my playlist.*
2) So far, I dig the album.
3) Lorde: Pure Heroine. Her big song is Royals and it’s pretty nifty. My BFF doesn’t dig Lorde, and I laughed-then I listened. The thing is, I love accents. Lily Allen, Adele, Kate Nash, love them all. There’s something cool to the voices and that’s what I got here.
4) Lee Brice: Hard 2 Love. Straight up country. Straight up awesome and way more hits than just the radio ones you’ll recognize.
5) Kellie Picker: The Woman I am. She is so cute. I still remember her from American Idol. I really like her and so far this is a good album. It’s bubble gum pop country, but sometimes you just need that. And now i’m going to say you “son of a butt” thanks to the one song she sings. But it’s super catchy.
6) Sons of Fathers: Sons of Fathers. I love these dudes. Remember I was flying and met Paul at the airport in Dallas? Well I went home and immediately downloaded their new album, Burning Days. I should’ve downloaded this one too because it may even be more awesome. FIVE STARS. Explore them. Love them. See them live around Austin.
I also bought “Counting Stars” from One Republic because that song is very catchy!
So yeah, I’m Jessica, and I have a music problem.