I made it through week one! And I’ve gotta say, I was pretty successful at my task. I’m so glad I decided to join in Lauren’s “Cardboard Box Diet.” It’s exactly what I needed.
I still didn’t get any extra exercise, but I’ve also been sick. And J’s been out of town so even if I wasn’t sick, going on a nighttime walk wasn’t an option. Still no running on account of the gimpy knee.
But my goal was cleaner eating. I’m not exactly making the most healthy stuff at all times, but I am cooking. I’m also not stuffing my face because it’s there. I threw away a half cake so I wouldn’t eat it just because I could. I know, that’s wasteful but neither Ava nor I needed it and J was out of town. We got some deliciousness out of it.
- Weigh-in: As of this morning, I’m down. It’s gotta be a fluke, but definitely down.
- Exercise completed: Absolutely squat. I carry a baby around. Same as last week.
- Splurge/Guilty Pleasure: We ate out for dinner on Sunday night. That was unplanned but after a crazy afternoon it was awesome. I had chicken nachos and a coke. But it’s not like they were from Taco Bell, at least. And this morning I had a cinnamon crunch bagel from Panera (best ever in life) and a fat free latte. Mama deserves a great when she’s suck. (see there’s that treat logic associated with eating. At least it’s less frequent)
- Success story: I did not eat out for breakfast or lunch! It helps that the new cafeteria owners downstairs are not quite as adept as the old, but still! And last night I made cookies. I used the toaster so the max I could limit how many I could bake. I only made 4 (refrigerated cookie dough) and I only ate 2!
- Recipes:Still loving the fridge oatmeal. I made some chicken breasts, chopped them up, added half a package of fat free cream cheese and fresh chopped green chiles. Heated in a pan, no oil, no butter. Mix and add to corn tortillas, then roll into a taquito. I baked them! I didn’t even fry them! Granted I was in a rush so it was more like lack of options but they were delicious.