So after yesterday’s post, there needs to be some kind of accountability on this eating better business.
Lauren (from Texas who now lives in Louisiana) started the “Cardboard Box Diet.” What is it? It’s not eating junk that tastes like cardboard, but rather living for a lifestyle. Eating to be healthy, not necessarily skinny. So I’m in. psst, if you wanna get in on the action or be inspired, pay Lauren a visit.
This is day one. Because you’ve gotta start somewhere.
- Weigh-in: As of this morning, I have no idea. I didn’t weigh myself, but I will. I do know after my last doctor’s appointment for the bum knee that I had added a few lbs.
- Exercise completed: Absolutely squat. I carry a baby around. I take the stairs. Pretty pathetic. The knee is still jacked so I’m severely limited. I don’t own a bike. I don’t really make time to swim. Looks like I better figure something out quick. I can walk, per the doctor, so maybe I should start doing that at night. I also plan to take the stairs down (11 flights) at work at least 2x a day. I’m also gonna start rehabbing the knee in the next week or so.
- Splurge/Guilty Pleasure: I constantly splurge. Except I’ll try not to do that as much now. But I’m also a big believer that you shouldn’t go crazy and limit yourself because then you binge. What good does that do? So I’ll just work on coming up with a better version of splurge for nighttime. Cantaloupe and a bit of vanilla ice cream? Yum.
- Success story: Baby steps. For me? Today I ate the food I brought. I did not buy a single food item. WOOT! Also? I went to Whole Foods and our fridge has a bunch of healthy stuff in it. And plus I gave blood today for the first time ever. And I got Oreos (eaten with lunch) and a Sprite. Then I remembered I’m not going to drink cokes so I left it in my desk drawer. YAY!
- Recipes/photos: Well, probably just fridge oatmeal. Because that has become my morning staple and has saved me on the way to work a couple times in the last week. Horrible traffic anyone? Super easy. Just throw in some dry oatmeal, some yogurt and some milk and get it to the consistency you like. Remember, it’ll soak up a bunch of the liquid. Toss in some fruit and honey if you need a little sweetness. Grab and go in the morning!
Vacation is in 15 short days. WOOOOO! So I guess I can start living the lifestyle now. And maybe I won’t be AS horribly bad when I’m out of town. But people? We’re talking turkey legs. And Mickey Mouse shaped ice cream. And churros. I’m not made of steel! But I will be walking at least a few miles a day, so I guess it’s a wash. Yeah, that’s the ticket.